Support cushion for the elderly and disabled
At Medoris Care, we help you to care with confidence. That's why, we offer a wide range of positioning and pressure care products to help prevent pain, relieve pressure and increase comfort.
Unlike other pillows that become too solid over time, our pressure relief 9-Chamber Sacral Cushion is a multi-chamber support pillow, filled with lightweight microbeads.
The small microbeads mould to the base of the spine, providing the ideal postural support.
The outer eight chambers distribute weight evenly for maximum comfort, while the central one is filled with fewer beads. This allows the coccyx to be safely cocooned in a soft dip and removes any pressure.
Particularly helpful for the elderly and infirm, those in wheelchairs or recovering from operations.
What's more, they help prevent restricted blood flow from the skin being squashed and reduce friction to avoid pressure sores. Vital for those sitting the same position for long periods of time.
Compared to memory foam, microbeads don't absorb moisture, sweat or fluid, so they inhibit the growth of dust mites, bacteria and fungus. A plus for allergy sufferers.
They don't hold the body's heat which can lead to discomfort. Instead the beads allow for an even airflow throughout the whole pillow, resulting in a much cooler, more pleasurable experience.
Made with small polystyrene beads, this support pillow won't compact, wear out or lose its shape and can withstand being machine washed and tumbled dried for cleanliness and hygiene.
With so many qualities and benefits, this positioning and pressure care 9-Chamber Sacral Cushion gives you all the support you need.
- Adaptable 9-chamber microbead sacral support pillow.
- Microbeads contour body for stability.
- Central chamber contains fewer microbeads, creating soft dip to cocoon the coccyx.
- Remaining 8 chambers distribute weight evenly for comfort.
- Lightweight and soft. â€¢ Length 47 cm (18"), Width 47 cm (18"), Depth 7 cm (3").
- Prevents restrictive blood flow.
- Helps avoid pressure sores.
- Breathable which reduces overheating.
- Suitable for chairs and wheelchairs
- Hygienic, can be machine washed and tumbled dried.
- Velour fabric: 79% cotton, 18% polyester, 3% Spandex (82% nylon, 18% Spandex).