At Medoris Care, we know that some adults want to maintain their independence for as long as possible. That's why, we offer a wide range of practical eating and drinking aids that help them to retain their dignity, but in the safest possible way.
For example, there's our Heat Colour Changing Mug. It's a heat sensitive mug that changes colour, from blue to white, when it's filled with hot liquid.
The whiter it is, the hotter it is. The bluer it is, the cooler it is.
Coated with a layer of heat sensitive paint, this clever heat-changing mug has an important dual function.
On one hand, the changing colour flags when the liquid is too hot to drink. A clear sign that it has to be lifted with the upmost care, or better still, left to cool down. This is especially important for those with slow reflexes, impaired mobility, fragile skin, poor vision or reduced hearing, as they are prone to burn and scald injuries.
On the other hand, it can help avoid dehydration. Unlike normal mugs, the changing colour grabs people's attention and shows them when it's safe to take a sip. This is particularly helpful for those with conditions such as Alzheimer's, Dementia, Swallowing Problems or Stroke, as they tend to drink less.
Year-on-year, we aim to provide more and more practical solutions for everyday specialist needs. We hope that something as small as a heat sensitive mug can make a big difference to both confidence and self-care.
- Heat sensitive mug.
- Changes from blue to white when filled with hot liquid.
- Clear visual warning for safe drinking.
- Helps avoid burns to the mouth and scalds to the skin.
- Also promotes hydration as it shows when it's safe to drink.
- Warning: Please don't overfill the cup.
- Please warn others that a hot liquid is being served.
- Please place beverage in field of vision and near dominant hand.
- If helping others to drink, please follow heat colour changes.