For over 20 years, we’ve been providing practical products for specialist support. That’s why, we have a wide range of positioning and pressure care cushions to help prevent pain and relieve pressure.
Unlike other pillows that dip in the middle or feel too solid over time, our 1-panel Chest/Limb Protector Cushion is a super soft pillow, filled with microbeads.
Lightweight and adaptable, it’s the ideal size to be tucked neatly between the limbs or between two areas of skin to avoid them touching. Extremely useful for protecting bony areas or areas where the skin has become damaged from movement or friction.
The small microbeads mould to the body and evenly distribute weight for maximum comfort. Particularly helpful for the elderly, disabled and those in wheelchairs or suffering with restrictive conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy and Multiple Sclerosis.
What’s more, they help prevent restricted blood flow from the skin being squashed between bone and a hard surface, and reduce pressure sores. Vital for those in the same position for long periods of time.
Compared to memory foam, microbeads don’t absorb moisture, sweat or fluid, so they inhibit the growth of dust mites, bacteria and fungus. A plus for allergy sufferers.
They don’t hold the body’s heat which can lead to discomfort. Instead the beads allow for an even airflow throughout the whole pillow, resulting in a much cooler, more pleasurable experience.
Made with small polystyrene beads, this protective pillow won’t compact, wear out or lose its shape and can withstand being machine washed and tumbled dried for cleanliness and hygiene.
With so many qualities and benefits, we hope that this pressure relief 1-panel Chest/Limb Protector Cushion gives everyday comfort.
- Malleable 1-panel microbead limb protection pillow.
- Soft and lightweight.
- Avoids two areas of skin touching.
- Reduces pressure from hard surfaces or other limbs.
- Microbeads contour body for stability and comfort.
- Length 39 cm (15”), Width 9 cm (3.5”), Depth 2 cm (under 1”).
- Prevents restrictive blood flow.
- Helps avoid pressure sores.
- Breathable which reduces overheating.
- Hygienic, can be machine washed and tumbled dried.
- Velour fabric: 79% cotton, 18% polyester, 3% Spandex (82% nylon, 18% Spandex). Also available as a 2-Panel Chest/Limb Protector Cushion (M182).