Positioning and pressure are important concerns when caring for those using wheelchairs. That's why, at Medoris Care, we offer a wide range of products to help prevent pain, relieve pressure and increase comfort.
Unlike other arm supports that dip in the middle or feel too solid over time, our pressure relief Wheelchair Arm Support Cushions are a pair of 6-chamber support pillows, filled with microbeads.
As fine as sand, the beads gently mould around the arms, protecting fragile skin from the wheelchair arm rests.
Lightweight and soft, the small microbeads shift and redistribute, providing the ideal support, while the six chambers evenly distribute weight for maximum comfort.
They also help prevent restricted blood flow that comes from the skin being squashed between bone and a hard surface. A huge benefit for those sitting for long periods of time.
What's more, they reduce friction, particularly important for those prone to pressure sores.
Compared to memory foam, microbeads don't absorb moisture, sweat or fluid, so they inhibit the growth of dust mites, bacteria and fungus. A plus for allergy sufferers.
They don't hold the body's heat which can lead to discomfort. Instead the beads allow for an even airflow throughout the whole pillow, resulting in a much cooler, more pleasurable experience.
Made with small polystyrene beads, these arm support pillows won't compact, wear out or lose their shape and can withstand being machine washed and tumbled dried for cleanliness and hygiene.
They also have detachable velcro straps, so they can be easily attached and removed.
With so many qualities and benefits, we hope that these positioning and pressure care Wheelchair Arm Support Cushions help you to care with confidence.
- A pair of 6-chamber microbead wheelchair arm support pads.
- Microbeads contour arms and protect fragile skin.
- Chambers equally distribute weight for comfort.
- Lightweight and soft.
- Length 30 cm (12"), Width 14 cm (5"), Depth 7 cm (3").
- Detachable velcro straps keep them in place.
- Prevent restrictive blood flow.
- Help avoid pressure sores.
- Breathable which reduces overheating.
- Hygienic, can be machine washed and tumbled dried.
- Velour fabric: 79% cotton, 18% polyester, 3% Spandex (82% nylon, 18% Spandex).
Compatible with Wheelchair Seat Cushion (M058), Wheelchair Back Cushion (M059) and Wheelchair Foot Rests (M102).